Tuesday 3 August 2010

Uni life

Wohooo~~~ Sorry late update guys. I've been busy last week with the university. 


How's everybody so far? =D


My weeks are just packed. Last week was Fresher's Week, basically the undergraduates went through orientation. Briefing every morning and afternoon. Really tiring (and even now I'm too lazy to update with full detail)... By the time I got back home I ended up falling asleep after dinner. Every night I fall asleep before 9 >_<


I even hardly went online and I know some of you guys might be wondering where am I. Overall I got accepted into the university under the Institute of Health Science. I'm doing a Bachelor of Health Science, specifically in biomedical science. The subject consists of 3 different modules for this semester and we're supposed to register them again online for this semester. In addition to that we have to make up the modular credit not less than 12 MCs per semester. So my three major modules make up to 10MCs... I took MIB (compulsory breadth) and Japanese languagae (breadth).


Ok Major core is a compulsory core/module for my degree. Breadth module is an optional course that we could take up in order to make up our MCs. Altogether I'm sitting for 18 MCs. If all goes well I'm aiming to get all 18MCs by the end of this semester which is December.


Other than that I'm under the GenNext program. Its a new program in the university. Their aim is to not only train undergraduates to be academically successful while acquiring essential skills for future survival as a human being. Its really interesting. My degree is 4 years, full-time. As I'm a Gen-X, during my 3rd year, if my grades are good, they'll send me overseas for two semesters.


They're ranking our grade using GPA (Grade Points), 5 being the maximum and 0 as fail. I want to aim at least 4.5 for all my subjects. 
















The university of Brunei Darussalam is really huge. Getting from one class to another took exactly 10mins of walking. Here's a map to my university. My faculty is the IM (Institute of Medicine), now known as PAP Hajah Rashidah Institute of Health Sciences. 


Here's my schedule, roughly...


Monday: IHS (IM).
Tuesday: IHS, Lecture Hall, Language Centre, IHS
Wednesday: IHS
Thursday: IHS


Imagine me walking from one faculty to another. Really exercise.. HAHHAHAHA


click here to surf the website. University of Brunei Darussalam. I'm under GenNEXT.


Nevertheless the library is huge!!~~~ And really high technology!!! Everything involves computer and machines. Finding the books, borrowing them, returning them.. up to a point of reading them. Some are e-books.


Now this intrigued me to buy a Nintendo DS XL. Why? Because I'm a gamer and because Nintendo DS supports e-books. People advised me to buy an itouch or an ipad instead but I don't want to. I want a macbook as my laptop (currently I'm just sharing the laptop with my dad). Plus I don't want to carry so many heavy books to do research because yeah since I'm studying biomedical sciences, we need a lot and lots of references.. I prefer e-books >_<


Some also told me to use my allowance to get a car. Which I stubbornly do not want to. Mum and my bro however suggested I should ride a bike to school. As in a scooter maybe or a small motorcycle. That'll be awesome!!!! Then again we practice MIB here (Melayu Islam Beraja), and for a girl to ride a bike, people will seriously stare at you here and then nasty gossip would spread. Not that I mind them at all, I'm worried about rainy days. I'm worried about the books.


Besides I need the allowance money to buy myself some books and support my music school. That's my most top priority, supporting my music school. My next class should be this Friday, I've prepared some money for it as well.


Ridhwan (Red) is accepted into UBD. I'm so happy man!!!~~~ Red!!~~~ I want to help him get through the registration smoothly, since he got his offer later than most of us. This week we've started studying, him? Still going here and there for his registration. Alongside with Kage Senpai XD


I love to hang out with them. Its really fun~~~


Last Saturday we had a Fresher's Night at my faculty. We were divided into groups and I'm in Pink. There were at least 16 of us and we were given the task to perform a short sketsa. Its a competition. Its really fun~ I get to meet now people from different faculty and programmes. But because of that, we work 6 days a week last week. Really tiring. 


Here are some of the pictures.


This is the Pink team. I'm wearing pink tudong.
The one behind me, black T-shirt is my long-distance cousin, Aeriena.
The guy besides me is our leader, Didi.


This is Fahmi, from Orange Team. He's my inspiration.
Because of his style and personality, I am able to create multiple characters for my novel and comics.
And Fahmi is cool and kind-hearted.



This is Koh Junyuu. Chinese. Kind-hearted and I have to say.. Cute XD
He's in my team. He really reminds me of my old nemesis.. But Junyuu is a far more better friend.


We have two choices of clothes to wear for university. Either like the one I'm wearing or wearing Brunei's traditional clothing, Baju Kurung, with Tudong, because we're muslims. 

Alright its, 9.30PM here and I hardly play any games nowadays. I wanna knock myself out playing game until around 11? HAHAHHA I have lecture tomorrow morning, must sleep early. Night!~~

1 comment:

  1. to me, scooter or other smaller motorcycles is suitable going to the campus. If not, get a car. Buy the car which is smaller in size & cheaper price

    ReplyDelete